Hurricanes, earthquakes, power cuts. They’re all reasons to be prepared in advance. There are many things you’ll need in order to outlive any extended emergency situation-think water, food, shelter, and a first-aid kit- but there are also many other items that will help you come through the disaster without injury or without money – it’s often these smaller items that people forget about when they’re packing their prepper bag.
Read on for our top 10 best emergency prepper items list!
Top 10 Essentials
6. First Aid
8. Sanitation and Hygiene
Bug Out Bag (BOB)
A bug-out bag is a must-have for any serious prepper. It should be packed with enough supplies to last for 72 hours, including food, water, shelter, clothing, and first aid. Here are some other essential items to include in your bug-out bag:
-Flashlight and extra batteries
-Radio (with hand crank or solar charger)
-Cash and important documents
-Emergency food and water
-Clothing and bedding
-First aid kit
A bug-out bag is a portable kit that helps you survive in an emergency situation. It should be packed with everything you need to survive for at least 72 hours, including food, water, shelter, and clothing.
The following are some essential items to include in your bug-out bag:
1. Food: Include non-perishable foods that will last for at least 72 hours. Consider packing canned goods, energy bars, trail mix, and dried fruit.
2. Water: You will need at least 1 gallon of water per person per day. Pack bottled water, or include a water filter and purification tablets in your bag.
3. Shelter: A tent, tarp, or sleeping bag will help you stay warm and dry if you’re stuck outdoors. 4. Clothing: Pack extra clothes and shoes to keep yourself warm and dry in case you get wet or lost. 5. First Aid Kit: A basic first aid kit should include bandages, gauze, pain relievers, and antiseptic wipes. 6. Tools: A multi-tool or Swiss Army knife can come in handy in an emergency situation. 7 Fire Starting Supplies: matches, a lighter, or a fire starter will help you stay warm and dry if you’re stuck outdoors.. 8 Flashlight: A flashlight will help you see in the dark and signal for help if needed
The Number One Thing to Have on Hand
In any emergency situation, the number one thing you should have on hand is a first aid kit. A well-stocked first aid kit should include items like bandages, gauze, tape, antibiotic ointment, pain relievers, and more.
Having a first aid kit is especially important if you or someone in your family has a medical condition that requires special care in an emergency situation. Make sure to include any necessary medications in your first aid kit as well.
How to Save Money on Your Prepper Supplies
Emergency situations can be costly, so it’s important to be prepared financially as well as physically. Here are some tips on how to save money when stocking up on prepper supplies:
1. Shop around for the best deals. Compare prices at different stores and online retailers to find the best deals on prepper supplies.
2. Don’t buy more than you need. Only purchase the essentials that you’ll actually use in an emergency situation. There’s no need to stock up on items that you’ll never use or that will expire before you have a chance to use them.
3. Try to find used items whenever possible. Secondhand stores, garage sales, and online classifieds are all great sources for finding gently used prepper supplies at a fraction of the cost of new items.
4. Join a prepper group or community. Many groups offer discounts on bulk purchases of prepper supplies, so this is a great way to save money if you’re planning on stockpiling items.
Now that you know what the top 10 emergency items to include in your prepper bag are, it’s time to get started gathering them. If you don’t have all of these items on hand, don’t worry — just start with the ones that are most important to you and work your way down the list. Remember, being prepared for an emergency doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive — it just takes a little bit of planning and forethought.